$("p.neat").addClass("ohmy").show("slow"); Midwest Mama's Reviews: Oatmeal Lace Cookies..Easy and Yummy

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Oatmeal Lace Cookies..Easy and Yummy

Hey all, today I made a recipe that is not only easy but its really good. Oatmeal lace cookies remind me more of a soft granola cookie. They are lightly sweetened.

The ingredients are below:

Oatmeal Lace Cookies(approximately 3 dozen)


1 cup butter (do not substitute)
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup milk


First~preheat your oven for 375 degrees

Next, I gather and measure out all my ingredients

Than, I melted my butter on a low temperature(you do not want to scorch it)

Next, I sifted my flour, I do not have a fancy flour sifter as some so I use my pot for steaming veggies and I pour my flour and use a spatula to move it around until it all goes through the holes and into the container below. You can also use a colander if you prefer.


And than, I added in my ingredients one at a time(I just went down my list in order) and make sure you mix everything in really well.

Next, I dropped 1/2 teaspoon size amounts onto a greased and floured cookie sheet. You will need to take your spoon or spatula and spread each heap till it is thin.

After cooking for 5-7 minutes(watch carefully as they will burn fast), I let them cook on the cookie sheet for about 3-4 minutes. Final product will look like this:




No comments:

Post a Comment